Bula-burte(Mogadishu24)-At least six people, including three soldiers, were killed, and 10 others were injured in a suicide car bomb attack in the Bula-burte district in Hiiraan region.

According to the police and local authorities, the car explosion resulted in huge civilian casualties.

Federal Member of Parliament, Mohamed Ibrahim Moalimu, reported that the explosion killed six people and injured over 20 individuals, some of whom were airlifted to Mogadishu for further treatment.

“The explosion that took place today in Bula Burte killed three soldiers who attempted to arrest the criminals and three civilians, injuring more than 20 people, some of whom sustained serious injuries,” said Moalimu, a Federal MP.

“The wounded individuals were transported by two helicopters to Mogadishu for further treatment,” he added.

Moalimu also noted that security forces had received intelligence reports about the vehicle, and the explosion occurred when the soldiers intercepted it.

Mohamed Abdi Ware, the Special Presidential Envoy for Civilian Protection and Stabilization, said that the surge of Al-Shabaab attacks on civilians are a sign of their desperation following their defeat in the war.

“With another attack in Bulo Burte (and a couple of aborted ones in Dusamareb), it is clear that Shabaab is desperate and looking to connect on their frantic dying kicks. They are on their last legs. No war can won by vehicle bombs alone. All we need is to clean house and be prudent,” said Mohamed Abdi Ware, the Special Presidential Envoy for Stabilization.

The attack on Bula Burte came hours after two Land Cruiser vehicles filled with explosives were blown up by government forces earlier in the morning at a checkpoint in Tullo Kodax, approximately 3 kilometers from Dhusamareb town, the administrative capital of Galmudug State.

The Government forces reported that they successfully thwarted an offensive plan by Al-Shabaab to launch suicide car bomb attacks in the town.

However, Al-Shabaab militants claimed to have killed 16 presidential guards attached to President Hassan Sheikh Mohamed, who has been stationed in Dhusamareb for more than two months, to intensify the war against Al-Shabaab.

On Saturday, Al-Shabaab militants carried out a truck bomb attack in Beledweyne city, in Hiiraan region, killing more than 30 people and injuring 50 others.

Al-Shabaab has resorted to planned attacks on Somali National Army (SNA) bases and civilian targets, killing dozens of SNA soldiers and civilians.

President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud declared a “total war” against Al-Shabaab last year. Since then, the government forces together with the local community and international partners liberated more than 80 locations from Al-Shabaab terrorists group.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *